A mini tiller is two-wheeled agricultural equipment, fitted with rotary tillers, that is gaining fast recognition in the Indian agricultural industry for its multi-purpose uses. In addition to tilling the soil, power mini tillers can be used for ploughing the soil, sowing seeds, planting seedlings, adding fertilizers, spraying fertilizers, herbicides, and watering the plants. It also helps in pumping water, harvesting crops, threshing crops, and transporting crops. All these additional tasks are performed by attaching agricultural devices such as ploughs, seeders, planters, pumps, sprays, harvesters, threshers, and carriers to the power tiller. You can check out our different mini tiller models and their attachable implements on Chandakagro.com.
Versatile use of Mini Power Tiller
Power tillers are useful in small farms as well as large farms. But it is very effective for small land size or rugged land, terrain land where tractor use is very difficult or even dangerous. These mini tillers are proven blesses equipment for Hilly regions farming. Its various uses are:
· To till rice small farms even in hilly regions and water flooded regions.
· These are very light weight, so easy and compact to use in terrains.
· It till only upto required depth, and make the soil soft and loose.
Classification of Power Tillers
Power tillers are available in three different sizes –
- These lightweight implements are very good for small cultivation area as fruits and vegetable farms.The soil of small farms is relatively loose and does not require powerful tilling, and the crops are planted in narrow rows that need to be manoeuvred through without destroying them. These are very economical and comes in budget for small farmers.
- Medium-size Power TillerThese power tillers are suitable for farms where the soil is harder and rockier. These tillers are propelled forward by the spinning tines.
- Large-size Power TillerThese power tillers are suitable for more extensive farm lands where there is sufficient space to manoeuvre the tiller as required. These tillers are propelled forward by the wheels and the spinning tines are positioned between the wheels.
Farmers must select the right power tiller as per type of soil, size of farm and size of crop.
Working Functionality of Power Tillers
Tillers break the soil into smaller pieces which improves the soil aeration & prevents weeds to grow.
The operation of a power tiller involves walking behind the machine on a tilled or puddle land continuously for hours. During peak seasons of seedbed preparation, farmers operate
power tillers even for more than 8h a day. The operator has to guide/control the forward movement of the machine by actuating hand clutches provided on each handle or sometimes by pushing/pulling the handles towards sides. The operator sometimes lifts the rear portion of the machine to take sharp turns at the headlands. The main clutch is a lever on the handle. The lever can be shifted to on or off position while operating in the field. When the lever is shifted to on position, the power from the engine is transmitted through the main clutch to the various parts of the power tiller. When the lever is shifted to off position the power from the engine is cut-off from the rest of the transmission.
Benefits of Mini Tiller
· These are less expensive than tractors which make it affordable to buy.
· It requires less space for storage.
· Consume lower amount of fuel and hence less pollution.
· It bears low maintenance costs. If maintained timely, it remains in good condition for longer period.
· Useful in regions where labour shortage prevails.
· Beneficial in flat lands, hilly terraces, water submerged fields, and dry fields.